Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

SEEM TO HAVE NO POWER IN FUSES IN BLOCK FOR 30,31,32,46,47…

Customer Question
SEEM TO HAVE NO...

SEEM TO HAVE NO POWER IN FUSES IN BLOCK FOR 30,31,32,46,47 ON MY 02 F350 SUPER DUETY 7.3. WETHER IGNITION IS ON OR NOT. COULD THIS BE WHY MY 4 WHEEL WONT INGAGE AND NO 4X4 LIGHTS. I TESTED THE FUSES AND RELAYS AND ALL ARE GOOD.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

ITS DEAD WITH THE KEY ON OR NOT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Ford?

F350 LARIAT SUPER DUTY VIN 1FTWW33F32EA00526

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

IVE TESTED FOR POWER ON ALL THE FUSES AND CHECKED CONTINUITY ON ALL OF THE FUSES. IVE TESTED THE RELAYS FOR THE 4X4 CONTROLS. TESTED RESISTENCE OF THE 4X4 SWITCH WHICH IS ALSO IN SPEC. ESOF WONT ENGAGE OR DHOW THE 4X4 LIGHTS ON THE CLUSTER.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NOT AT THIS TIME. JUST WONDERING IF IT COULD BE THE FUSE BLOCK CAUSING THIS ISSUE. IT JUST HAPPENED WITHIN THE PAST MONTH AND I HAVE SOLD THE TRUCK AND NEED TO FIX IT.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 24 days ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Can you tell me which fuse panel these fuses are located as well as does the radio operate and does the transmission shift properly?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
truck drives fine. I haven't checked the radio yet. I haven't driven the truck since February and the*****worked fine. got it inspected and found out the*****isn't engaging and no lights are coming on to say its engaged.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Just sent a reply on line

Is this two separate fuse panels these fuses are located in?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no just a single fuse block under the knee panel. only has relays located near brake master cylinder
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no

30 is for the headlamps high beam flash to pass

31 is for the shift lock/transmission range sensor

32 is for the radio

46 and 47 are for the head lights.

Try turning on the head lights and using flash to pass on the stalk and see if the fuses power up as well as shifting the transmission to see if the fuse for the shift lock powers up. I suspect you will see power on these fuses when this is done. If not let me know so we can continue from here on this.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am at work at the time and wont be near the truck until this evening. will anybody be available around or after 6 pm eastern time?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
which fuse drives the*****module for the ESOF system?

I had to recheck the fuse info.31 does power the four-wheel drive control module itself. This fuse is supposed to have power on it with the key on or engine running. If you have no power to fuse 31 with the key on or engine running then this is a fault with wiring leading to or at the fuse panel itself needing to be checked and repaired or the fuse panel assembly itself may be at fault internally needing to be replaced. The other issue can be the electronic ignition switch itself as one of its contacts may have failed and is not sending this power to this fuse with the key on or engine running. This has to be checked into further to then locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I understand. I was a certified mechanic when I was younger but am now an engineer so I know how to test and diagnose issues but hate dealing with todays newer computer controlled devises. I have somebody who bought the truck flying 8 hours this weekend to pick it up that purchased it prior to finding this issue so I’ve been trying everything I’ve seen from others with the same problem. It’s I believe down to the fuse panel or the edit control module as I figure

It does sound like a possible fuse panel fault. That fuse should have power with the key on. You may be able to remove it and take it apart and inspect and repair it in some cases but in others, it may have to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No problem. Any help is greatly appreciated and feedback will be sent

Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Pete, I am still in the middle of trying to track down the issue and will rate you once I've been able to close the issue. sorry for the delay
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 20 days ago

No problem, let me know what you come up with here and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete