Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Parking asst is not working put in new modules and checked…

Customer Question
Parking asst is not...

Parking asst is not working put in new modules and checked wiring harness checked fuses and still no fix. is there a module that operates this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes both fuses are fine the harness is fine under the rear bumper but have no power to units and also my seat belt warning does not work on front and passenger seats no warning bell

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 Ford Edge Vin 2FMDK49C17BB45214

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced all sensors in rear bumper traced all leads in rear harness for breaks none found harness checks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than the seatbelts alarm does not work when seatbelts are unpluged

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

You wrote you put in new modules, there is only one park assist module?

Have you used a scan tool to see which codes are stored for this system?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris

There is no codes and I replaced the sensors in the rear bumper skin the electrical harness has not open leads all wires are good to the harness plug. also have no warning beep when car is driving and all seat belts are unplugged this all happened around the same time

Headlights on, key removed and doors open is there a warning chime?

If you start the car and never plug up the seat belts then drive. Does the seat belt light come on and do you get a chime?