Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

To replace the timing belt; I have the a/c compressor remove…

Customer Question
To replace the timing...

To replace the timing belt; I have the a/c compressor remove from the bracket but I need to move the bracket with power steering enough to get to the timing belt. How many bolts are there to remove from the bracket?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

1999 Ford Ranger 2.5L manual tranmission

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 20 days ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

3 bolts and 1 stud

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Can you send me a diagram of bolts location.

let me see if i can find it

no diagrams are available of the bracket mounting bolt locations.

Ill open this up for the others to chime in

Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 20 days ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

You will have to pull the power steering pump pulley and pump as well to get the bracket off. There are two bolts on the side of the bracket, and one that is beside the power steering pump that have to come out a swell as the one under the ac compressor.