Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Step by step on setting up the timing on a 2012 ford fiesta…

Customer Question
Step by step on setting...
Step by step on setting up the timing on a 2012 ford fiesta 1.6.
Also the torque specs associated
Aswell as what and where to put sealant on the solenoid assy where the sprocket and cams make contact with the head where the cam seals are
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have been waiting a while. Give me a moment, please, while I retrieve some information for you. As far as the cam seals go, you will not be putting any sealant on them, the cam or the sprocket.

Here, I am attaching the replacement and installation procedures for the camshafts, sprockets and phasers. I am also, attaching the procedure for setting the timing on this vehicle.

Keep me posted.

This piece is what holds the cam shaft down as you see it had some sealant

I understand. You will be using gasket maker.

In the procedure marked shaft, you will see the procedure for this. You will see this on page 4.

Page 4 of the shaft procedure.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

What sealant is recommended for the valve cover gasket? I have a new gasket but the head has a small little nick at the narrow sparkplug area so to prevent a leak going to put some on it

The same gasket marker/silicone will be use for the valve covers also.

Do you have the torque specs for the valve cover?

Here is the procedure for the valve cover, which includes the torque specs.