Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Ford transit 150 cargo Van and I just pulled…

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Ford transit 150 cargo Van and I just pulled on to a job site and it would not shift into park it stayed in reverse and I could not get it out of reverse so I shut it off and tried every possible combination of things I could think of to get the shifter to move out of reverse but it will not. So if you don't help me I am absolutely stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No trouble codes it popped up and as far as brake light I have them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit T150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried calling you and trying to depress the brake release the shifter with the key and the on position and that's all I've tried this happened 10 minutes ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that there is 73000 miles on it and it has not given me any trouble on anything

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 21 days ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, the shifter is stuck in reverse or if feels sloppy when you move it like it has a broken cable?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It is stu k in reverse
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It is stuck tightly in reverse

Ok if the shifter wont move. Go under the vehicle to the transmission with the vehicle not running and the parking brake set. DIsconnect the shifter cable and see if the shifter linkage on the transmission will move manually. If it does then it sounds like the shifter cable is broken and would need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I dont know anything about vehicles. I do not know how to identify a cable

On the drivers side of the transmission is a cable that hooks up to the shifter linkage, it will have an eyelet hooking it to the shifter linkage. Pop it off and try to manually move the shift linkage. If that moves, clicks into each gear range forward and backwards, the shifter cable needs to be replaced.

Do you need more help?

Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 20 days ago

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.