Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where can i find a wire harness for the fuel pump module for…

Customer Question
where can i find a...
where can i find a wire harness for the fuel pump module for 05 ford ranger edge...the clips broke on the plug when replacing the fuel pump and now it is a loose fit and the fuel gauge doesn't work unless i wiggle the plug
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
5/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

salvage yard. I highly doubt its carried by the dealer any longer

david ..i found the plug thru ford and replaced it but i still have no fuel gauge needle doesn't move off the bottom of gauge and the yellow gas pump light is on i pulled the sending unit out and move the float manually and still get nothing...is the a way to test gauge(like the old short it out method) to get it to light up is there a fuse?? help!

ill have to get back to you on this. I'm cleaning up my shop and headed home give me a little bit

ok thanks

2.3 or 4.0?

?

sorry was at dinner...it a 4.0

ok

i probed the plug with a test lite and got voltage at the pump wire and nothing on the yellow/white to the gauge ...then i read that the gauge wire only carries 5 volts and went back and checked with a meter and it shows 12 volts for pump and 11 volts at gauge wire(but why wouldnt the test lite lite up if the meter showed 11 volts) and i also used the black/white (ground for sending unit) and got 11 volts also...so i would guess that the yellow/white wire is carrying voltage but why wouldnt activate the test lite/

I'm not sure so I'm going to open this up to the others.

thanks for all