Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 F250 diesel truck that will not come out of…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 F250 diesel truck that will not come out of 4wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Original engine serviced 3 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far we gave tried nothing more than flipping the knob from 4wheel to 2 wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

After looking it up online we thought the fuse might be had but we need a schematic of the fuse box

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is it stuck in high or low?

Can you remove the shift motor and manually turn the shaft in the transfer case to 2wd?

Have the diag steps, forewarning they are not easy and long but can share them if wanted?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris