Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was making a right hand turn and my wheels stuck in that…

Customer Question
I was making a...

I was making a right hand turn and my wheels stuck in that position but my steering wheel turned left or straitened out easily. It felt like I was sliding on ice, very little control. No problem with my stabilizer bars but I have heard a strarnge noise coming out of my steering column like a bird cherping

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the steering wheel actually locked? Does it feel slightly springy when you try to turn it in one direction, but has no give when you go the opposite way?

I have free movement in the steering wheel, the tires did not respond when I turned the wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F-250 super duty 2011 king ranch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it checked out at the tire store, they found nothing wrong. I checked with 2 other mechanics who agreed it could be the steering box but it is not leaking. I have been refereed to Les Swabe in Elko Nv

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

That does sound like a steering box, were the mechanics able to recreate it?