Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 explorer locked no battery. 194000 mi someone messed…

Customer Question
2005 explorer locked no...

2005 explorer locked no battery

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

194000 mi someone messed up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

No problems with explorer. Got locked with hood then battery removed hood shut

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thank you no

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 23 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

From under the vehicle connect a jumper cable black to the chassis and red to the large starter wire. Then connect them to another battery. Hopefully, this will power the vehicle so you can get the door open.

Let me know.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris