Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the battery on my Ford Focus, and now the car

Customer Question
Hi I changed the...

Hi I changed the battery on my Ford Focus, and now the car won't start or jump. I put the old battery back on and it still won't jump where it would before I changed the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

The battery wasn't holding charge but it would start off jump leads. So I changed the battery and now not even the dash lights up! So I tried jump leads again and still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Now if I put the old battery back on it won't jump off leads where it would before I tried changing the battery

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked the main fuse yet? or any other fuses? is the battery you installed a new one?