Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My tail gate will not open to lower. I have tried locking…

Customer Question
My tail gate will...

My tail gate will not open to lower. I have tried locking and unlocking and it will not release. feels like it is always locked. As far as I know, the truck has not been hit. I am the first owner. No one else drives it.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

93,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure what 9-3 is. So far I have tried to lock and unlock with the key but it is stuck closed

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. What year and model is your Ford? If your VIN is available please send it to me.