Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2013 the radio will not come on on the on screen display…

Customer Question
My 2013 Torres the...

My 2013 Torres the radio will not come on on the on screen display it has everything except for the radio I have no sound my boys activation will not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Great is there a separate fuse for the radio and the compass in the climate control

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?

About two weeks ago there was a loud popping noise coming through the speakers and now my radio won’t work but the compass and the climate control work

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Does your 2013 Taurus hae the touch screen display or just the small display for the radio?

Touch screen and a power button
It has a touch screen

More than likely the radio, Ford calls it he ACM (Audio Control Module) has failed. The popping noise coming through the speakers was the ACM internally shorting out. It is mounted behind the touch screen. It is a module that needs to be programed to the vehicle for it to work properly. It has the CD player slot in it. See the directions below.