Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 ford focus my car will not start where do I…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 ford focus my car will not start where do I put the key to push bottem to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have a key in the remote I just dont know where to put the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

It working on It

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My remote would not let me in my car the dealer told me there was a key in my remote. I found the key opened the door he was telling me there was a place inside the car where I could put the key and then with the push botton I could start the car

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 2 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Are you able to get into your Focus?

by the key

Ok. If you press the start button without stepping on the brake the car will go into accessory mode. Does the car do that if you push the start button? And do the electronics seem as bright as usual?

Eric my remote would not let me in my car i called a dealer he told me my key was in the remote I found it unlocked the car , but he said there was a place in the car that the key fit so I could put my break on and push botton to start my car i cant find it

That is not the case. What he is referring to is in case the battery dies in the remote you can put the remote next to the round cutout on the right side of the steering column and try to start it. That is called the backup slot.

Do you happen to have the owners manual? I know which page talks about this and there is a diagram of where to hold the remote.

Hello?

Hello? I have been trying to help you and wondering why you are not responding.