Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My edge air wont work its full of Freon ,it just wont blow…

Customer Question
My edge air wont...

My edge air wont work its full of Freon ,it just wont blow cold air ,if iam lucky it will kick on for 10min. and the just start blowing warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Yes coolant level is full and there is no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 edge limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want if I could , I remember once when I was checking under to hood in the fuse box I pushed down on the box and the air kicked on and it was cold .but after about 5min later driving down the road it started blowing warm air

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

You should check the wiring to the AC Compressor clutch relay and the compressor clutch diode in the battery fuse box under the hood. You may either have poor connection to the relay, or a bad relay.