Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Door ajar chime comes on when door is opend until igntion…

Customer Question
Door ajar chime...

Door ajar chime comes on when door is opend until igntion key is turned on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

In park car is off no whell locks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 ford explorer sport not the track

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am. how do i diable the chime.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

To disable your warning chime, you would need to remove the instrument cluster. Take it apart to expose the circuit board and break the solder joints to the chime speaker.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris