Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 escape check fuel inlet message keeps coming on. 21-22…

Customer Question
2010 escape check fuel...

2010 escape check fuel inlet message keeps coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

21-22 mpg starts normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to mechanic cleaned fuel inlet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just what i need to do

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Ford has had problems with these easy fill fuel filler pipes leaking and the fix for this message as well as the leak that you likely have is to replace the filler neck. Before you consider replacing it, have a look and make sure the capless door seal is clear of any debris on the seal. If that checks okay then its leaking and the filler neck assembly will need to be replaced.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.