Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ford ranger while trying to use a 16 gage wire with 12…

Customer Question
2001 ford ranger while...

2001 ford ranger while trying to use a 16 gage wire with 12 volts. dropped on the exposed fuses truck will not turn over. help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I think its thr right diagram...I ave not checked every fuse any other ides

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the a/c clutch will not o

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let me take a minute to tell what lights are on or off

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
dome light, radio key buffer security bell
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
turing the key now produces a click noise
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
turning the key now makes a click sound
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
any info on when I will receive it
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 25 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Headlights on can you tell me the voltage on the battery posts and battery cables?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The battery posts are12.2 and the cable is11.97

Thanks, ***** ***** clicking while starting from the starter relay in the fuse box or from the starter motor?

Auto or manual transmission?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It does seem to be clicking I will think about a phone call tomorrow. I just got out of the hospital today, so I need some catch up time. Any other things to check til later tomorrow. Automatic trans Thanks for your help
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sorry It does not seem to be clicking now Thanks again

Can you remove the starter relay and see if one pin is powered, then hold the key in the start position and see if another pin is powered?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 20 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris