Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 expedition limted and it has the automatic…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 expedition limted and it has the automatic running boards that go up when you close the door. lately while driving the boards will come back down for no reason. what can i do to fix this problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

On the info and reset buttons i have set the boards to stay out, tried to turn them off the boards keep going up and down while driving.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician

One of your door latches is telling the vehicle that you've opened the door. When it happens, try to look down at the puddle light on the door inside that illuminates when you open that door. It's USUALLY the driver door latch that fails because it gets the most useage, but looking at which light is coming on the door panel may help identify it. If you can't tell that way, make sure the bulbs work when you open the doors when the problem isn't happening so you know they work.

If I have answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name, that's the only way the site pays us for our time. Let me know if you need more assistance.