Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The front windshield wiper wont turn off unless the vehicle…

Customer Question
The front windshield wiper...

The front windshield wiper wont turn off unless the vehicle is switched off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Theres no diagram , I'm unsure which fuse it is for the front wipers

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 xls explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet, I was gonna check the simplest fix first , which is the fuse, then maybe the relay and wiper switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that the wipers wont turn off

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Its not going to be a fuse issue since the wipers are working.

Try unplugging the wiper switch and if the wipers stay off then you should replace the switch.

This is the first place to start.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated