Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 Ford ranger 3.0 L engine with automatic

Customer Question
transmission. I purchased the...
I have a 1998 Ford ranger 3.0 L engine with automatic transmission. I purchased the vehicle at a local DMV DWI auction so I can pretty well assume that everything was operating properly when the vehicle was pulled. The first and reverse gears work fine but there is no the third or fourth years. What might be the problem?
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Ford
5/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 26 days ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is or has the check engine light or any other warning light come on with this fault here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete