Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Does my Ford Laser 1.6 (5 door Hatch) 2002, need to have…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl: Does my...

Hi Pearl: Does my Ford Laser 1.6 (5 door Hatch) 2002, need to have airbags replaced? John

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Laser?

~ 2001, we think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Laser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. We're hearing about airbags and don't know if ours needs to be replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a suggestion.

Yes over the years many makes and models have had safety related recalls and or campaigns. If yours is one of them usually the dealers send out info to the owner of that effected vehicle or if you suspect any such item you can contact the dealer and ask if yours is indeed effected , they will ask for the production date make and model along with serial # Now on the same token if your vehicle is effected it most likely be covered under the safety act for free service to fix it. Hope this explains your question for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.