Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2003 Ford windstar and not cold air in hot temp. In…

Customer Question
I have 2003 Ford windstar...
I have 2003 Ford windstar and not
cold air in hot temp. In night blows cooler. I evacuated and pulled a vacuum and system kept vacuum for hours and then recharged and it was cold for like one day but then happening again. The pressures raise up as if compressor not doing its job. What can this be
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
I've attached a chart that shows what your air conditioning system pressures should be given an outdoor ambient temperature. I would hook up a professional set of gauges to the system, and check the system pressures and verify that they look like that. If you have a high high side temperature that means that the receiver drier is contaminated with moisture, which is a possibility. You would then want to replace the receiver drier and possibly the expansion valve or orifice tube as well.If I've answered your questions your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that's the only way that I get compensated for my time.If you have any more issues please let me know.
this high high side only happening when temps are hot in day, when day is ending and it less hot, the pressures are good and ac is really code, around 45 degrees at the vent
Cricketsss

You didn't answer my questions, WHAT are the system pressures and ambient temperature?

And, does the electric fan come on when you turn the A/C on? Either the fan isn't working, the system is overfull, or the receiver dryer is contaminated with moisture. Those are your 3 options, and if you give me the pressures I can probably tell you which, but if you give me no diagnostic info that's all I can tell you.

Bro, you never asked for the pressures, you just told me to check the pressures and if they are high, then it should be this. You actually take too long to respond, typical mechanic