Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Mustang that is y turning in the fan when i…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Mustang that is y turning in the fan when i turn on the ac

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

I am trying to recharge the system but when i tried to add freon the car stalled

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced the ac condencer. I have checked fuses and relays. And the fan does turn on when the engine temp gets hot enough

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i have

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You can't just add refrigerant without checking system pressures. You need to rent a gauge set or buy one from Amazon they cost like $30. Auto parts stores will rent you one for free, if you over added that would cause the engine to shut down like you're describing. I've attached a chart that will show you what pressures you're supposed to be running. If the compressor won't power up you need to manually power it up, the fan isn't going to run if the system isn't trying to trigger the AC compressor.

I want to take a minute to explain how this site works.

We work from our cell phones, shops, homes, etc to help people fix their cars. Recently the site added a membership feature for our customers to get more questions for less money. Unfortunately it has caused confusion with some customers who think that because they've become members or payed a deposit, they don't need to rate or accept our answer.

If you don't accept the answer, we don't even get an hourly wage, and because of the memberships, I have seen my accept percentage fall by almost half.

You're completely covered by both your credit card, and you can put in for a refund if I can't work out a successful solution to your problem. Please remember to hit accept, the site is getting paid but a lot of us experts are not getting our cut of correctly answered questions because of confusion about the site.

You can still come back later and ask follow up questions if necessary on this page even after you hit accept, but if you
leave to fix the vehicle and don't return in time, it will time out, the site keeps your money, and even though I was right, I get nothing.