Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford F350 6.4 won't crank intermittently. Seems to happen…

Customer Question
Ford F350 6.4 won't...

Ford F350 6.4 won't crank intermittently. Seems to happen while on an incline or decline, if that makes any sense at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much. Not even sure where to start. All indicators come on with the ignition turned but nothing happens.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has happened 3 or 4 times over the past 6 months otherwise runs good.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can you duplicate this issue?

Do you have a volt ohm meter so we can do some testing to figure this out?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris