Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The alarm on My 2008 F450 with quick start when off when I…

Customer Question
The alarm on My...

The alarm on My 2008 F450 with quick start when off when I accidentally laid on remote. Now the starter will not engage and the glow plug indicator and several other lights are flashing rapidly

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried setting off alarm and turning back off. I have tried pressing the memory learn button on the quick start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has been working fine until the alarm was set off. Will disconnecting the battery reset the security system. I may have access to code reader.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am showing a P1260, P0263, P1000
I can clear the P1260 P0263 but as soon as I turn on the Key they come back
It turned out to be batteries, should have started with the easiest first. I will be looking to get a refund since you didn't even make a simple reply!
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

sORRY BEEN TERRIBLY BUSY