Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1989 ford 350 diesel 7.3 and after running for a…

Customer Question
I have a 1989...

I have a 1989 ford 350 diesel 7.3 and after running for a couple of hours it just quits runninf and you can not restart until it cools off and then it will run for anotheer and then shutdown again until 45 min laTER IT WILL RESTART

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

1989 ENGINE SERVICED 6 MONTHS AGO

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

IT APEARS TO BE A PROBLEM OF FUEL SHUT DOWN POSSIBLY RELATED TO HAPPENING ONLY AFTER IT HAS RUN FOR AN HOUR OR MORE.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 2 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.
Have you checked fuel pressure? Do you see any wet spots on the fuel lines to the injectors or at the injection pump? Is the check engine light on when Running?