Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 95 Ford van I can turn the engine over but it will…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 95 Ford van I can turn the engine over but it will not start, please help thank you!

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?

No check engine light comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

95 ford E250 and all I have done is turn the key I don't know too much in this area of cars or vans

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

What we need to do first is to determine if it is spark or fuel related , so can you get a can of quick start and have someone turn the engine over while you give it a shot into the intake. only spray a shot in to see if it tries to fire . Let me know what happens so we can proceed.