Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford 2007, F150. Battery wont stay charged but the battery…

Customer Question
Ford 2007, F150. Battery...

Ford 2007, F150. Battery wont stay charged but the battery and the alternator have tested good. What else could it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Its my son in law. He took it to the local Advance Auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

He is trying to fix himself. Taken the alternator out and got it tested and had them charge then test the battery. Both tested good according to Advance.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it will start after being jumped in idle it stays charged giving it gas it drains it
5/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 24 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

I believe if I understand correctly. The battery voltage drains overnight with the truck off and while running the voltage at the battery is not 12-15 volts?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 20 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris