Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Compressor and dryer both replaced. control panel replaced.

Customer Question
Compressor and dryer both...

Compressor and dryer both replaced. control panel replaced. All fuses good. only blowing hot air. burning up my feet with nothing turned on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes. refrigerant level good. no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

'97 Explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

A shop replaced the comp. and dryer. I added the freon and changed to control after their diagnosis

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 2 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you change the temperature setting from hot to cold, can you feel any difference?

no

I would take a look at the blend door actuator, we used to replace a bunch of heater cases for broken blend doors. When you remove the actuator, you can take a mirror and look at where the actuator splines into the blend door itself, most of the time they would split right here where is goes in.