Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No spark in cylinder 7. 2012 f150 5.0. Replaced the coil and…

Customer Question
No spark in cylinder...

No spark in cylinder 7

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2012 f150 5.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the coil and plug...only have 10 volts on the input connection for the coil

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No...looked for them online couldn't find any information

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 2 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question. You may receive a request for a phone call, that is generated by the website. I am not currently set up for phone calls at this time.

Does the cylinder next to it also show 10 volts?

Have you checked for ground pulse on the other wire?

Are you getting a P0357 code?

That is the code I am getting and I haven't checked any others for voltage
i also pulled the input voltage from cylinder 7 while running which is probably a no no. And noticed no change in the operation of the motor
Idle did not change

Ok your next step will require a 12 volt test light or noid light. We need to see if you are getting ground pulse on the other wire. It would also be beneficial to know if the other coils are getting full battery voltage or not, preferably one from the other side as it is on the same circuit but a different splice.

Won't hurt the PCM disconnecting it while running.

Will do...that is my project for tomorrow. I will let you know what I come up with.

Ok sounds good!