Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The ac blows hot on driver side and cold on passenger side I…

Customer Question
The ac blows hot...

The ac blows hot on driver side and cold on passenger side I have changed the temp actuator does and still no fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

No coolant leak. After twisting the temp knobs up and down for like 20 minutes then I get some cold air on driver side, until next restart and it's back to square 1

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 Ford escape hybrid. My friends car has the same issue too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm fixing myself. I have changed both temp actuator doors. I had the ac system emptied and recharged by a professional. I've changed the ac controls on the dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've owned this car for 4 years and its had this issue for 3 of those years. I dont know what else to do.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Ford
5/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 29 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Remove the drivers side actuator.

Key on, change the drivers side temp, does the actuator move when commanded?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 24 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris