Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had the oil changed and now it says low oil pressure and…

Customer Question
Had the oil changed...

Had the oil changed and now it says low oil pressure and shuts engine off. Got stranded on interstate

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

II

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

I never changed it but bought it used 2011 ford edge 3.5 liter. No engine light comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just put a new oil filter on it thinking it may be plugged. Did notice that the place that changed the oil had silicone on oil plug.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Any suggestions.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Ford
5/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 27 days ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, silicone on the plug is not good. some repairs may have been done and the tech used too much sealer. this sealer gets down in the pan and may have clogged up the oil pick up screen in the pan.

you should have the pan dropped and inspected to see if the screen is blocked. if it is, it will not supply oil to he motor and damage can result.

Roy

do you have any other questions??

Roy

Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 25 days ago

any update