Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

NO REAR HEAT ON MY 12' E350. BLEND DOORALWAYS HAS VACUUM SO…

Customer Question
NO REAR HEAT ON...

NO REAR HEAT ON MY 12' E350. BLEND DOORALWAYS HAS VACUUM SO IT WONT SWITCH. ORIGINALY I REPLACE THE DOOR AND ACTUATOR BECAUSE THEDOOR WAS BROKEN.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

IM A MCHANIS WITH 16 YEARS EXP. ALL INT CHECKS HAVE BEEN MADE. FRONT HEAT AND AC WORK GREAT. REAR STAYS ON AC UNTILL I DISCONNECT THE LT BLUE VACUUM HOSE. THEN THE DOOR DROPS OPEN AND SWITCHES TO HEAT. RECONNECT THE HOSE AND THE ACTUATOR CLOSES THE DOOR AND I HAVE AC. I THOUGHT TO REPLACE THE TEMP SELECTER AD MODE SWITCH BUT THAT DIDNT CHANGE A THING.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES. PLEASE READ THE ABOVE TEXT.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Ford
5/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 26 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

When the function selector switch up front is in the DEFROST, FLOOR or MIX position, do you get rear heat from the floor vents?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
HELLO IM MATT
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
NO
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
THE REAR ACTUATOR JUST STAYS ON A/C, IT ALWAYS HAS VACUUM NO MATTER WHAT POSITION THE MODE SWITCH IS IN OR THE TEMP SWITCH IS IN.

At the front HVAC system change modes from MAX, to defrost and all settings in between. Does each blow out the air up front in the correct place only per the selection?

Remove the front HVAC control and remove the BLUE vacuum line and see if you get these results while the engine is running.

max.normal,vent, vacuum.

off, mix, floor, defrost, no vacuum

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I BELIEVE THAT IF I REMOVE THE BLUE TUBE FROM THE RUBBER, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT BAKE INTO IT AND IT WOUD NEED TO BE REPLACED. ALSO, I CANT PINCH OFF THE TUBE. WHAT SHULD I DO?
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 23 days ago

You could follow the line to the panel floor door actuator and try to disconnect it there to test or at an inline splice, the problem is to fully access this actuator, dash removal is needed.

vacuum diagram https://www.dropbox.com/s/4842c9tpjqc5yg0/12V1.pdf?dl=0

How the vacuum works https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdcp6hlui3hszxk/12V2.pdf?dl=0

How the auxiliary unit works https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttbixho4zau01ly/12V3.png?dl=0

What the actuator looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/z65s0wnqs0jkala/12V4.pdf?dl=0

The issue is the front climate control based on your rear vacuum tests, I was just trying to prove it.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 21 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris