Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am having trouble with my differential. It is a 2004 Fort…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my differential. It is a 2004 Fort expedition. Will you help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I mechanic is helping me but he does not speak english. I would like to chage the whole differential system. If I give you the vin number will you be able to help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it posible for me to send some pictures of the part in this chat?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you can post pictures here, in the dialog box you type in, there is a paper clip at th top, click on the paper clip and it will allow you to download pictures,Tim

I do not find the paper clip but I have tried to upload in this dialog box in an icon like a paper with an arrow upward but I do not know if you have received.
ford 2004 differential.pngford 20...pngford 2004 differential.pngford 20...pngford 2004 differential.pngford 20...pngford 2004 differential.pngford 20...png
This is the picture of the part we have form my 2004 ford expedition. I need to replaced it
The vin number is ***** type mpv

that is the differential carrier assembly

I need to buy this and I cannot make mistakes about the part since I am taking the part outside the us and I wont be able to return it if it does not fit.
Can you help me buying it from you or from amazon? How much will it cost me the part and or your advice?

to get the whole assembly, you will need to find a used one, if buying new, you will need to order the carrier the ring gear, the side gears and the pinion gear and all the bearings, your best bet is find one used as an assembly,Tim