Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driving around and starts jumping ans jerking and dies,i'v…

Customer Question
Driving around and starts...

Driving around and starts jumping ans jerking and dies,i'v replaced IPC,crank shaft sensor ,valve pan gaskets,IPR,fuel pump,#6 injector,and the fuel tank guts,on my 2002 7.3 and still does it. sometimes Ican drive 50 miles then it happens and sometime 5 miles and it does it but when it happens you sit for 5min and go for a ways and it does it aging.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

No I have not

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Ford?

F350 dulley

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes me and a friend and we have done what I thought would case it to just go dead or jump and jerk we have done the fuel tank clean and new filters and high pressure oil sensor, valve pan wire harness, IPR,IDM,fuel pump new

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It just seems like you can go for miles and all the sudden it start running out of fuel and if you keep your foot on the peddle it revs up like its out of gear and then bang it goes back in gear and dies like it's out of fuel

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Does it feel like the engine is being cut off and on or like it is stumbling like a misfire or bad fuel type scenario?

You mentioned it revs up in gear then slams, is there also a transmission issue?

It’s seems to be more of a miss fire, and seems like it causes the transmission to act up

Do you have a scan tool that can perform a power balance test?

Is it affecting all 4 forward gears or just one?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris

I think you guys are a fine bunch, but as you and I know you can’t ask one question without a few follow up questions and or a phone call, but the service will charge more for everything as far as a phone call and other services it just keeps asking for more money. With that being said, I guess I was expecting more for my first $38 and dumb old me should have known you can’t get all the information I need to fix my truck by doing this on my phone. I should have just taken it to my ford dealer and pay more to get it fixed, this is nothing against you because you are just trying to help I’m the one that should have thought about it before I wasted $38

Sorry you were not able to respond to the questions I asked on the 26th

Sorry you paid money to get help and that has not benefitted you nor me.