Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We just bought 2 motor craft batteries for our 2000 f-350…

Customer Question
We just bought 2...

We just bought 2 motor craft batteries for our 2000 f-350 truck, there is something that keeps draining the batteries. The battery lights stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Both batteries and alternator are suppose to be new, after buying the batteries the truck it ran perfect for 3 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to charge the batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Have you checked actual charging voltage at the batteries when running?