Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dodge Dart 2013 stuck in reverse, Key is stuck steering

Customer Question
Dodge Dart 2013 stuck...

Dodge Dart 2013 stuck in reverse, Key is stuck steering wheel not locked. But I can move the shifter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

I can't get it out of reverse. my back up camera and reverse lights are on too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I haven't a clue what is wrong with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, she has never had issues. This is the first.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does the shifter feel loose at all when shifting it or feels like it has play in it to where it does not feel like it is grabbing anything to shift and moves freely?

Let me know,thanks Pete