Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I saw smoke and smelled something burning yesterday. And now…

Customer Question
I saw smoke and...

I saw smoke and smelled something burning yesterday. And now my ac isnt blowing or working at all

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

190,000 and no coolant loss or oil loss

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 190?

It's a 2008 mustang base model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I've tried checking the fuses which keep popping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The wipers started operating on their own as well

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Ford
5/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 20 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Was this smoke under the dash or hood?

Can you see any signs of burning in this area?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hood
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I'm checking now to see if I can find any burns on a harness or connector. Or any wores off the bundles
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago

Dies the HVAC blower, air flow direction, and air temp still work?

Are the wipers still working on there own?

Do the wipers work correctly when commanded?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The blower is not working the actuators for temp and control work but nothing else. The wipers stopped working all together since I removed the fuse and when they were on there was no command that worked on the switch

The blower relay is in the bussed electrical center under the hood. Any signs of damage there?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No

OKay lets just move on and diagnose the blower and see if that finds the issue.

Remove the blower relay. Is pin 87 powered, is pin 86 powered with the key on, is pin 85 grounded with the key on and the blower commanded on?

If you jump a wire from pin 87 to 30 does the blower run?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 16 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician