Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will not go over 20 mph no matter how hard you push on…

Customer Question
It will not go...

It will not go over 20 mph no matter how hard you push on the gas pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not a gas hog start same as always

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

It's a 2005 ford taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes but I have not tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to buy the car from someone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
5/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

So far the possible causes that come to mind are a clogged catalytic converter, a concern with the transaxle not upshifting, a brake drag issue.

Any warning lights on, is the engine misfiring or bogging down?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris