Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No crank no start.. 08' f-350 6.8l. Battery is fully

Customer Question
No crank no start....

No crank no start.. 08' f-350 6.8l

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery is fully charges

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Seems the passive antitheft light is in play trying..hahaha

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

IT was running fine.. Never has a start issue.. It seems there is a click in the solenoid when in the start postion

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
5/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 4 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Are you talking about the starter solenoid clicking when you try to start the engine?

Is the red theft light flashing rapidly when you try to start the engine?
It will flash every 2 to 3 seconds when the key is turned off.

it is flashing
Can’t tell if it’s the solenoid or not... sound is coming from battery side down in the motor

That is where the starter is located and the solenoid is mounted as part of the starter.

How many keys do you have or the vehicle?
Have you checked the battery cable connections?

battery cable connections are good... dash lights, radio... everything else is functioning... windows up and down... Two sets of keys

And this happens with both keys?

Turn the key to on, is the theft light flashing rapidly?

Both keys don’t work... the light only flashes it first for 5-10 seconds then goes away... then if I put the key in between position 1-2 or 3... not sure but then it blinks again

Ok. I need you to have the PCM (Engine Computer) checked for trouble codes. Any auto parts store will have them. They also loan them out. The trouble codes will tell me if it is a PATS key problem or if the problem is located elsewhere.

Get the trouble codes if any, and post them on this page.

Ok thank you... I can’t do that until tomorrow

No problem. Do it when you can and just reply back on this page. I am online after I get off of work in the evenings after 6:30 PM EST.

Cool... I appreciate it.. thanks again

Your welcome. Talk to you later.