Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a F350 2001 7.3. Would not start. New fuel filter, new…

Customer Question
Have a F350 2001...

Have a F350 2001 7.3. Would not start. New fuel filter, new sensor, and new fuel pump. Will now start however, when it gets warm and you switch it off will not start back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

What is the fuel rail and what does it do? Over my head sorry.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No the mechanic thought it was the fuel pump did not fix it then he thought it must be the sensor that did hot fix it. Now he is not sure what to try or do.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jay!, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Jay!
Jay!, Auto Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionI had a F350 with the 7.3 also and one thing that I have seen which is common on the 7.3's is crank sensors. After Market ones do not work. Get them from the dealer. Is that the sensor you replaced?