Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cant get 2009 f150 out of valet mode. Youtube searches.. I…

Customer Question
Cant get 2009 f150...

Cant get 2009 f150 out of valet mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Youtube searches.. I have 2 separate keyfobs. one has lock/unlock, the other is one-button remote start. according to the install instructions for that model (PDF on internet) 6 "chirps" on failed start means its in Valet mode. I haven't found instructions for turning off service/valet mode with that keyfob configuration

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Fob works in as much as the truck starts the remote start sequence... then chirps 6 times. If the fob was dead, I would get nothing. same results with two separate fobs

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
4/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

I want you to try below reset and re check again

make sure the abttery has 12 volts and holding first ,lets do that and we go from there

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

after that, Valet mode will be off? Surely I don't need to do this anytime it goes to Service/Valet mode???What is the "user" action sequence to turn on and off valet mode using the available keyfobs? I have the 2-button lock/unlock and an accompanying one-button remote start keyfob.Thanks

2009 Ford Truck F 150 2WD

V8-5.4L Flex Fuel

Transmitter

• Vehicle
  • Accessories and Optional Equipment
  • Antitheft and Alarm Systems
  • Keyless Entry
  • Keyless Entry Transmitter
  • Testing and Inspection
  • Programming and Relearning
  • Programming
  • Transmitter
  • Transmitter

Transmitter

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter Programming

NOTE: All Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: Programming of the RKE transmitters can be accomplished using a scan tool or by carrying out the following steps:

1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the door lock control switch.

2. Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module successfully enters the program mode, it locks and then unlocks all doors.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on an RKE transmitter, and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that each RKE transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.

4. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Locks, Latches and Entry Systems. Make sure that no more than the maximum number (4) of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.

5. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
- The key transitions to the OFF position.

- Twenty seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.

- The maximum number (4) of RKE transmitters have been programmed.