Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its jerking when i accelerate, when i brake, and when i put…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Its jerking...

Second opinion] Its jerking when i accelerate, when i brake, and when i put in drive slow and then will stop going sometimes

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Im not sure how old is the transmission i just bought the car today and no i haven't checked the fuel filters

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1994 ford Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes i am fixing it myself

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Ford
4/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 24 days ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....is the Check Engine Light on? Does the Check Engine Light blink when the jerking occurs?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No its not on or blink
Okay at this point I'm going to suggest to you to go to either a Pep Boys or Advance Auto or an AutoZone store... They will scan the system for free to see if there are any codes in the memory that would be the first step to see if there's anything we can go on before we go up to a little bit deeper diagnosis. Just don't let them sell you anyting... Go and have the system scan to see if there are any codes stored in the memory and then let me know what they find then we can proceed from there
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
They said it was some kind of sensor that went out
but I would need to know which sensor and if a sensor did go out there will be a code stored in the memory so we need to find out exactly what the code is that's in there so I can help you figure out what's wrong with your vehicle
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok i got 6 codes
1.p1131
2.p0500
3.p0135
4.p0155
5.p0401
6.p1152
Ok...what size engine is in your vehicle?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
3.0 v6
2 valve or 4 valve?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
2 valve
Ok...do you have a test light?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Naw
Because I need you to check the fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Can you get a test light? If we can see if it's only a fuse that's blown we could probably save you a lot of money in repairs but the first step would be to check the fuses
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Well i changed the oxygen sensor and its still jerking i just bought the car from somebody yesterday and is been sitting in his yard a while i put on a water pump i just change the oil now im bout to change the transmission fluid and filter and see it that helps
The P0500 code is for your vehicle speed sensor signal missing... That will certainly cause the jerking feeling... But before I replaced anything else I would check the fuses
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I use my uncle test light all the fuses are good...
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 23 days ago
Ok.....the next step would be to inspect the connector at the vehicle speed sensor...make sure it's fully plugged in. Also, let's inspect the battery cables...make sure they are tight and they are not corroded.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Im not sure where its located
The vehicle speed sensor on your vehicle...if you remove the air inlet tube....this is the tube between the air filter housing and the throttle body....then using a light, look down...on the top of the backside of the transmission is the vehicle speed sensor
I would almost be willing to wager that you may have some rodent damage under the hood on your wiring harness because you have a lot of sensors there that are giving you codes that aren't related to each other... Meaning if a fuse was bad it wouldn't take out all those sensors at the same time so I'd be willing to wager that you may have some wiring damage so take a close look at the wiring harness see if there's any indication that there may have been a rodent building a nest under your hood at some point and look around that area you may find some chewed wires
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I dont see no chew wires
Okay then inspect the connector at the vehicle speed sensor make sure it's not melted make sure it's fully plugged in
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 21 days ago
Was the connector ok?
davehop
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician