Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

JUST BOUGHT TRUCK 2015 MODEL LESS THAN 1000 HOURS ON ENGINE.

Customer Question
JUST BOUGHT TRUCK 2015...

JUST BOUGHT TRUCK 2015 MODEL LESS THAN 1000 HOURS ON ENGINE. 2.6 TURBO ECOBOOST

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

27000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

YES, VEHICLE WHEN ECOBOOST BUTTON IS ON AND I STOP AT A LIGHT THE VEHICLE WILL SHUTTER AND THEN BOOST ENGINE. THE FORD WRENCH COMES ON AND SAYS CHECK MANUAL

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
4/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Have you had a chance to have it scanned to see which codes are stored?

No not yet.. friday i have to take it in..

Can you respond then?

I have been to the dentist, unable to talk. I can type though.

When will you reply

I write this on the 3rd. Have you had a chance to have it scanned to see which codes are stored?

You replied with. No not yet.. friday i have to take it in..

You then asked for a call and my reply was I cannot talk on the phone was because I had been to the dentist, numb and drooling.

I figured you planned to respond Friday once you knew the codes stored so I could provide you an answer rather than an educated guess.

Have you heard of this problem before, could it be throttle body..the vehicle shutters, then trys to accelerate

Yes, I have experienced, diagnosed, and resolved concerns like the ones you mentioned. In some cases a computer reflash was needed and in others, a concern with the throttle body was the issue. Another possible cause can be a converter clutch issue.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris