Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ranger that runs well but will not go into park.

Customer Question
2001 ranger that runs...

2001 ranger that runs well but will not go into park

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ourselves. We had to fix the column because it was off center - but other than that nothing else yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have googled and YouTube’d some possible fixes - under the dash there are a couple of screws that can come loose - thought about trying to tighten or lock-tite those

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

About a week or so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
4/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

column shift or floor?

Column shift

what all did you did to the column?

I will try a couple of things before I call - thank you

ignore the pop-ups. a phone call isn't necessary