Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sometimes the ABS light comes on. Both. Ford scanned and…

Customer Question
Sometimes the ABS light...

Sometimes the ABS light comes on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Both. Ford scanned and rear ABS sensor was problem. $80 dollars later. Nope. Or do I have to have them clear the code?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '80 Ford?

2005 F150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Please hang on a minute, checking with son

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Amber ABS light stays on. Red brake light sometimes on. Code reported rear ABS sensor. Replaced sensor above rear differential. No fix.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Ford
4/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 18 days ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

what was the code number, please?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Mechanic did not give me code number, said rear ABS sensor was bad. Replaced sensor above differential? $80 dollars and lights are still on. Was this even the right sensor?

standby

that's the rear abs sensor yes, but I still need to know the code. there is more to troubleshooting a problem than replacing parts.

Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 17 days ago

did you get the code?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician