Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It is shutting off when driving down the road. A 2002 Ford…

Customer Question
It is shutting off...

It is shutting off when driving down the road

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

A 2002 Ford focus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

If you wiggle the Engine management fuse it will come back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes I have replaced the fuse and it still cuts the engine off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It doesn't cut off in the morning just in the afternoon

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
4/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Does the fuse feel like it is to lose in the pins that hold it?

No the fuse is tight

While running fine can you move this fuse in all directions and cause a running issue?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris