Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My son has a 2010 Escape. The car wouldn't start. The lights…

Customer Question
My son has a...

My son has a 2010 Escape. The car wouldn't start. The lights go on and the dash display says "check brake system". He last drove it two days ago and it was fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No. How would the fuses or the dashboard bulbs prevent the car from starting?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not fixing anything. I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is. Please read my original message carefully. I can tell you that the dashboard bulbs and fuses have nothing to do with the problem

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
4/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Other then the message on the dash, does it make any sound at all when trying to start it?
Also, can you find out if it will come out of park or not please?