Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 Ford CMAX Energi - 108,000 miles. Battery is completely…

Customer Question
2014 Ford CMAX Energi...

2014 Ford CMAX Energi - 108,000 miles. Battery is completely dead. Any idea what might have caused this to happen and any idea on how to repair it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Is there a 12V battery in the vehicle or is everything run off the high capacity battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Ford?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we will have Ford Certified Dealer fix it. My wife tried both car FOBS and neither worked. She tried plugging it in again and the vehicle did not respond.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
4/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 3 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Your vehicle does have a 12 volt battery in the rear of the vehicle which is under the trim panel on the passenger side in the rear of the vehicle. It is for starting the engine only. If it is dead, none of the electrical in the vehicle will work.