A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2014 Ford CMAX Energi - 108,000 miles. Battery is completely

Customer Question

2014 Ford CMAX Energi - 108,000 miles. Battery is completely dead. Any idea what might have caused this to happen and any idea on how to repair it?
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Is there a 12V battery in the vehicle or is everything run off the high capacity battery?
JA: What is the model of your '14 Ford?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we will have Ford Certified Dealer fix it. My wife tried both car FOBS and neither worked. She tried plugging it in again and the vehicle did not respond.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.

Your vehicle does have a 12 volt battery in the rear of the vehicle which is under the trim panel on the passenger side in the rear of the vehicle. It is for starting the engine only. If it is dead, none of the electrical in the vehicle will work.