Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 Explorer says no key detected. Changed battery in…

Customer Question
My 2011 Explorer says...

My 2011 Explorer says no key detected. Changed battery in key still says no key detected. It will crank standing outside the car. When you try to dearth inside it will not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

On my key remote no

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything. When to ford dealer. They can't get to it for several days

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
4/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

follow the steps for test F

hows it going?